Welcome to the Magnificent Exploration of Sugar!

Thank you for stopping by and I hope my sweet science inspires your every taste bud! Some recipes are traditional, while some are uniquely designed in my kitchen studio. I'll share with you pictures of everything I design and commentaries on each delicious process. If you prefer to leave sweet science to the experts, send me an inquiry [chara.stevenson@yahoo.com] and I can work with you to create a Sweet Contemporary design for your most special events!


***Coming soon... Sweet Contemporary will be expanding to event planning!***

Thursday, February 11, 2010

I'll Be Yours, if You'll Be Mine!




















This week I had the pleasure of designing a Valentine's Day cake for a very dear friend of mine, who is recently married and is now expecting a sweet baby boy! I am very excited, as this is the first cake Sweet Contemporary has sold so far, so of course, I'll be framing the beautiful green tender! :)

When my friend came to get this cake, we ended up sitting down and talking to one another about life changes, friendships, relationships and so on... for hours! It was a great visit and so wonderful getting to catch up with her after not seeing her for so long. I hope and pray that Sweet Contemporary is always available to establish that kind of relationship with its clients. I hope and pray that instead of one-time visitors, we can build a clientele-family, so every cake delivery/pick-up is a warm visit over coffee.

This cake got me pondering as to whether Josh and I will be celebrating Valentine's Day this year. He is in San Diego and well, I'm here. I don't really understand the concept of taking ONE day in a year to show how much we care. Instead, we should all sit down with our calendars and write 1 small thing daily we can do to show our significant other how much we love them. When you are loved (and you are!) and when you have individuals in your life you love (which you do!)... then everyday should be Valentine's Day!

Hug your Friends. Call Your Parents. Kiss Your Lover. & Live Sweetly!





No comments:

Post a Comment