Welcome to the Magnificent Exploration of Sugar!

Thank you for stopping by and I hope my sweet science inspires your every taste bud! Some recipes are traditional, while some are uniquely designed in my kitchen studio. I'll share with you pictures of everything I design and commentaries on each delicious process. If you prefer to leave sweet science to the experts, send me an inquiry [chara.stevenson@yahoo.com] and I can work with you to create a Sweet Contemporary design for your most special events!


***Coming soon... Sweet Contemporary will be expanding to event planning!***

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Welcome to the Studio!

I've decided to kick-off February by posting my current project details & pictures, instead of waiting until March. I am really excited about all the happenings in the studio and I want to start sharing! Though we are hoping to have a business established in Virginia by March, the cake science doesn't stop for a minute in Florida! That's the wonderful nature of such a service... sweet treats are needed anywhere I go!

The studio is hopping this week with birthday thrills, wedding frills and newlywed's in need of a sweet treat for Valentine's Day! This weekend I set up the kitchen as my studio workshop for the next ten days so I can accomplish all the sweet projects before me. Poor Josiah just wants a cheese sandwhich... thus we venture to the living room to make a cheese sandwhich on the living room coffee table!

Currently, I'm working on a wedding cake for Feb. 13th, as well as building a 4-tier, tuxedo theme cupcake stand & 6 dozen cupcakes for the happy couple's Groom's cake. I'll also enjoy devoting myself to a very special Valentine's Day cake for a sweet friend of mine who is recently married.

This past Friday I catered my sister's 13th birthday celebration at my house (which was a slumber part, minus the slumber). She is nuts about zebras..anything and everything zebra print! So, of course I dropped everything else (family first!) and constructed for her special day the greatest zebra-print cake I could muster! Needless to say... she was quite please. :)

Pictures of all are coming soon! You can also check out our Facebook page for updates, or follow us on Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment